Monday 26 January 2009

Gah - lazy, lazy, lazy...

I got some guidelines from People's friend, however I have been very lazy about typing them up so I can't post them yet.

I think I'm having one of those periods where I know because I have to write, it's the last thing I want to do. Although today I found a story I wrote when I was fourteen. Reading it back, I have discovered I've learnt a hell of a lot more about grammar (though not enough) and I have learned so much more about story structure than I thought I would.

What I may do is post up the old thing side by side with something more recent (all typos included) just to demonstrate how my writing has moved on in the last 11 years.

Though, I'm still writing within the same genre and I am still overly fond of the same names. I guess some things don't change.

Oh, if you haven't read it yet, do check out Jane Smith's article on How Publishing really works, today's is an especially good one.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words about my blog--I am very pleased. It's good to know that I'm being read, and might be helping one or two people along the way.

    I shall now go and sit in the corner and smile smugly all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting works that are 11 years apart would be really interesting. I remember writing short stories when I was around 14, but my mother threw them all out (yes, they were that good).

    For Jane Smith - I think you help a great deal more than one or two people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps should that have been 'a great NUMBER more than...'?

    Grammer was never my strong point and it's been a long day.

    Sorry.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PPS Spelling is also not my strong point.

    More apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL *is incredibly amused by both ladies*

    Jane, you're the man! (in a very figurative way of course.)

    Suzanne, I also share a not strong point of spelling (<- *points to bad grammar*), thank the gods of writing for firefox having an option to add a built in browser dictionary... hehehe

    ReplyDelete